Measures against COVID
- In order to ensure the safety of the population and the peace of mind of tourists and visitors, tests will be carried out regularly on staff at the ski resorts.
- As well as on tourist sector workers and those linked to commerce throughout the country.
- It won’t be necessary for customers to cover their faces when skiing or snowboarding down the slopes but it is recommended.
- All visitors over the age of 6 must cover their face with a mask or an approved BUFF®️ type neck gaiter on lifts, in waiting areas and at boarding points for mechanical installations.
- It will be mandatory to wear a mask in enclosed spaces, buildings and common areas such as restaurants, schools, shops and ticket offices.
- Customers are advised to book and make purchases online with accommodation at the grandvalira.com website. As well as guaranteeing the best price, all web purchases are covered by an official cancellation guarantee and a free refund.
- We recommend using a Season Ski Pass or a Ski Pass Plus+ , both of which allow customers to go directly to the lift without having to go through the ticket offices.
- A capacity limit will not be set on the opened and ventilated lifts.
- The capacity of the closed lifts will depend on the regulations issued by the Government of Andorra regarding public transport at any given time.
- The cable cars and buildings will be treated using a photocatalytic system with a long-lasting effect that eliminates viruses and bacteria from all surfaces.
- Physical distancing measures will be established at the most critical points.
- Where recommended, enclosed spaces such as restaurants, schools, shops or equipment rental shops have a reduced capacity and also require a minimum distance of 1.5 metres to be maintained between people.
- The cleaning and disinfection of common spaces will be reinforced.
- Air filtration systems will also be installed in the heating system air ducts.
- There will hydroalcoholic gel dispensers in the cable car boarding areas as well as in resort buildings and restaurants.
- The self-service system has therefore been improved, incorporating new sales machines and collection points for passes at the various access points to the resort.
- Contactless and automatic cash machines for the payment with cash are recommended to avoid the staff having to handle cash
- The use of paper maps and informative materials will be minimised. The use of the Grandvalira and Ordino Arcalís Apps to stay informed and consult the slope map is advised. They work without having to be connected to the internet and include an audioguide.
- Prior booking at the à la carte restaurants is also recommended. With the aim of limiting capacity, service priority will be given to those with a booking.
If a customer with a booking is unable to visit Grandvalira Resorts due to COVID-19, even though the domain is open, they can cancel their booking at no cost, provided they give 24 hours’ notice. For accommodation packages, the customer should check the establishment’s cancellation policy of the reservation.
Grandvalira Resorts has an extensive list of hotels which have the COVID Guarantee with the aim of guaranteeing all customers a refund of the amount paid in their accommodation reservations, without any surcharges, provided that the following conditions are met:
- There is a prohibition to leave a certain territory, imposed by a public or governmental administration in the country of origin.
- There is a prohibition to enter Andorra decreed by the Andorran Government.
- Spain and France: there are flight restrictions or a complete closure of airports.
* This does not include special offers, flash sales or season passes.
The Grandvalira and Ordino Arcalís season passes are covered by a refund guarantee that ensures that in the event of a forced closure of the resort due to COVID-19 during the 2020-21 season, Grandvalira Resorts will apply a refund for the unused ski days. Thus, a reimbursement would be made to customers who have purchased their pass during the Early Booking period and request a refund, and for customers who purchased it in a promotional period or at the usual price, the return of the amount in a redeemable voucher for the following season.
The Refund Guarantee contains a calculation table with the refund percentage to be applied, depending on the date of a hypothetical early closure or the closure of the borders with Andorra, which would impede visitors from travelling to Grandvalira.
Regular COVID-19 control tests will be carried out on the instructors at the Grandvalira Ski and Snowboarding School throughout the whole season to ensure their safety as well as that of customers. The schools have adapted their technical protocols to ensure the safety of their customers and instructors. The service will be prioritised to those who have made a reservation in advance. It is advisable to reserve in advance on grandvalira.com.
Hydroalcoholic gel is available and all the surfaces will be disinfected regularly. All the equipment will be disinfected between each use.
The school meeting point will be outside to avoid the concentration of people in an enclosed space.
Wearing a mask is compulsory when not sitting at the table, and seating has been arranged to ensure a safe distance between the different groups. There will be hand disinfectant at the entrance to the premises and much more frequent cleaning and disinfection will be carried out. Restaurant menus will be in QR format to avoid paper handling.
It is recommended to reserve a table in advance in those restaurants with a la carte service through the Grandvalira and Ordino Arcalís app and the websites grandvalira.com and ordinoarcalis.com
Like many other well-known resorts around Europe, due to its social commitment, Grandvalira has decided not to open its iconic après-ski spaces at the resort during the 2020-2021 winter season.
Grandvalira is aware of the collective effort to overcome the current situation and does not consider in appropriate to jeopardise this sacrifice made. The spaces of Abarset and Après Amelie will return the following winter ready to party and stronger than ever.
This winter the Grandvalira Resorts are maintaining plans to hold first-class international events. For the seventh winter running, Ordino Arcalís will set the stage for the renowned Freeride World Tour, from the week starting the 22nd February through to the 27th.
As for the Grau Roig sector of Grandvalira, it will host the Speed Ski World Cup, on dates still to be determined.