Mountain Skiing in the Pirineo of Andorra
Natura Ski Pass
Ski mountaineering is another discipline on offer at Grandvalira and thanks to Ski Andorra, there’s the option of the Natura Pass. This is a comprehensive pass that will allow you to do ski mountaineering and snowshoeing at the Grandvalira, Ordino Arcalís, Vallnord-Pal Arinsal and Naturland resorts.
- The pass makes it possible to access the trails set up for these sports and to use certain lifts, with one ascent and one descent per day and lift. At Grandvalira, these lifts are the Canillo gondola, the El Tarter gondola, the Soldeu gondola, the Els Pioners gondola (Pas de la Casa), the Funicamp, the Montmalús surface lift and the Xavi chairlift. At Ordino Arcalís, the Tristaina gondola.
- The Natura Pass also includes first-aid service and transfer to the resort’s medical centre in case of accidents on the trails and slopes set up for these sports.
- The pass also provides access to resort lifts operating during the summer months, and can be purchased online via the Ski Andorra site. Customers who prefer to benefit from a day pass can purchase one directly from the resort ticket offices or in our website.
- NEW: If you have a season ski pass from any of the alpine ski resorts in Andorra, you can go ski mountaineering on all the country's slopes! Please note that you will be able to access the mountain circuits but not the use of the ski lifts.
Mountain skiing routes
It is not allowed to practice mountain skiing outside the opening hours of the resort (from 09.00 h to 17.00 h), as they begin the work of snow grooming machines and all marked itineraries have cable anchor points that cross endangering the lives of skiers..
- From 07.00 h to 09.00 h before the opening of the resort, the practice of mountain skiing is allowed in all the domain, except the days on which it has snowed..
1 La Coma - difficulty: green
L'Hortell / Els Planells / La Basera/ La Coma. To one side of the pistes.
2 Les Portelles - difficulty: blue.
La coma / Les Portelles. Outside the pistes, cross the piste 3 times.
3 Pic de Peyreguills - difficulty: red
La Coma / Pic de Peyreguills. Outside the pistes.
4 L'Hortell - difficulty: blue.
L'Hortell / vuelta del TK1. Outside the pistes.
5 La Font - difficulty: blue.
Els planells / Cap de l'Abarsetar. The track is crossed twice. Outsidethe pistes.
General ski mountaineering rules
1.- Ski mountaineering is only permitted along marked routes and the pistes authorised by the ski resort.
2.- Never use a closed piste. All indications regarding pistes must be respected.
3.- Dogs are not allowed on ski pistes nor on marked off-piste routes.
4.- Pedestrians or people with snow shoes are not allowed on the pistes or the ski mountaineering routes. Specific circuits and/or authorised pistes are available for practicing this sport.
5.- Do not ski down marked, off-piste climbing routes.
6.- The slopes are especially dangerous due to the risk of collision with Alpine skiers: La Portella del Medio, Las Canals, Canaleta, La Balma and La Coma. Remember that it is Forbidden the practice of skiing; of mountaineering out of the 5 marked itineraries.
Mapa Skimo a Ordino Arcalís